Friday, July 30, 2010

What a freakin' Friday!

I'm certainly not going through any PMS right now... but omigosh... today was really kinda crappy...

I woke up to a dark and gloomy morning, which, everyone would agree is the perfect weather to be staying in bed. Anyway, I was running late for work so I called a taxi (cos' there's a bus lane on the road right in front of my block and it's impossible to get cabs to stop there in the mornings) and the traffic was so bad, I ended up with a whopping $22.15 cab fare.

Arrived at the office, opened my emails and viola! An "unhappy" email from a working partner voicing their displeasure at how some students had decided to drop out of a major event and thus putting them in a fix... that of course, and my boss' email demanding for immediate service recovery and investigation *sounding like a terrific Friday already*.

For comfort... we decided to "stay warm and cosy" in our -5 degrees office and order some Hotcakes, Sausage McMuffins and McGriddles for breakfast *comfort food was essential at times like these*. But, we were told that they are not able to take our orders due to bad weather and for the safety of their riders, "Please call back an hour later". Called back an hour later... bad weather still... please call an hour later... another hour? That would be lunch? Forget it... I applaud McDonald's efforts really, in putting the welfare of their staff at top priority over profit. However, I was really not in the mood to appreciate it then. *sorry...*

Printed out the list of students who MIAed for the event and realised that the printer is not printing. Please change Drum Cartridge A4. GREAT!!! Thought I changed the other two drum cartridges the last time too. Weird... why am I always the one changing the cartridges?

Took out new cartridge, remove old cartridge...
*colleague walks to printer... obviously to retrieve a printout..."Oooh! Major repair!" colleague walks off...*
Wha... ... my countenance is now as dark as the clouds looming in the sky.
Packs old cartridge, inserts new cartridge... shuts the covers of the printer...
Printer churns out a page...nope... not mine...
Printer stops...
Please change Drum Cartridge A3...

WTH... again??? Fine!
Opens the door, takes out the cartridge...
*another colleague walks over to retrieve her printout... "Oooh Ivy, you are changing the cartridge..." colleague walks off...
Whoa man! Thanks sista for that revelation!!! Gosh! Finally someone enlightens me on what I'm doing!!!
My countenance is now darker than the clouds looming in the sky and I thought I heard the thunder exploding in my head...
Packs old cartridge... inserts new cartridge... shuts the covers of the printer...
Printer churns out some printouts... not mine... not mine... not mine... not mine... darn! Finally... mine...

Lunch... kway chap was bland and the braised pork was dry and rubbery. Certainly wasn't psychological...

Starts calling students one-by-one...

Dr Ignoramus Maximus (DIM... really dim) drops by my desk...
"Have you done up the notes of discussion for the visit the other day?"
Visit? Notes of discussion...? *recall recall*
"Oh! We spoke on that and I told you that it wasn't really a discussion. More like he asked questions about us in general and we just fed him the info. There isn't a conclusion or follow-up... do we need to note that down? It's really just Q&A, so I think it's not necessary...?"
DIM, "Oh... yes! sometimes we have to make that judgement call if there's really nothing worth recording."
"Uh huh, that's what I thought... since nothing was discussed"
DIM, "Umm... but I think we just make some notes out of it.. and then we can look over and decide if we need to keep record of it."
Why can't you make the judgement call right now so I won't have to waste my time slaving over a useless piece of crap!!!

Finally... 5.30pm... I was happy to leave... too happy to leave... and put this freakin' Friday behind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home