Number 4? No more!!!
This took place earlier this morning...
It was a little past midnight and my hubby came home. He found me in the bedroom clad in my usual garb getting ready for bed and realised that despite 1.5 weeks of PMS, Auntie Ruby has still not visited me.
H: Umm... it's not here yet huh?
Me: No... it's not... umm why?
H: Oh... you know, I'm really not ready right now... for anymore surprises... Dear I don't think I can take it if I find out that we are going to have #4...
Me: Oh... no lah... I dun think so lah...
*pause... getting a little doubtful*
Me: We've been rather careful lately...
H: Yah... You are on my side on this right? You won't sabo me...
Me: Of course not!!! Hey... Parenting takes two ok???!!!
H: But... we are not considering any other options are we?
Me: Huh? Other options? Oh! Like other options... NO! Tho' it did cross my mind...
H: No lah no lah... of course we will not exercise that. We'll just trust the Lord to provide if there's really a #4
*pause... thinking thinking thinking*
Me: No lah... dun think I'm pregs... I'm not even late! It's day 28 today!
H: Oh! You are not?
Me: No... I'm not! I'm not pregnant lah! Can't be...
So we both went to bed...
Me: Damn... it's all your fault! Now I'm worried and I can't sleep!
H: Wha...
Zzz... ...
And as I was sleeping, Auntie Ruby decided to drop by. I found out in the bathroom after I woke up and I was relieved! I showered and went out of the bathroom to find my hubby awake, so I went over and gave him the morning kiss, look him in the eyes and said, "It came..." *pause* "Really? HALLELUJAH!!!"
I know that for some couples, this could be yet another disappointment. But for friends who know how accident prone we are... you will understand how this ALL came about!
It was a little past midnight and my hubby came home. He found me in the bedroom clad in my usual garb getting ready for bed and realised that despite 1.5 weeks of PMS, Auntie Ruby has still not visited me.
H: Umm... it's not here yet huh?
Me: No... it's not... umm why?
H: Oh... you know, I'm really not ready right now... for anymore surprises... Dear I don't think I can take it if I find out that we are going to have #4...
Me: Oh... no lah... I dun think so lah...
*pause... getting a little doubtful*
Me: We've been rather careful lately...
H: Yah... You are on my side on this right? You won't sabo me...
Me: Of course not!!! Hey... Parenting takes two ok???!!!
H: But... we are not considering any other options are we?
Me: Huh? Other options? Oh! Like other options... NO! Tho' it did cross my mind...
H: No lah no lah... of course we will not exercise that. We'll just trust the Lord to provide if there's really a #4
*pause... thinking thinking thinking*
Me: No lah... dun think I'm pregs... I'm not even late! It's day 28 today!
H: Oh! You are not?
Me: No... I'm not! I'm not pregnant lah! Can't be...
So we both went to bed...
Me: Damn... it's all your fault! Now I'm worried and I can't sleep!
H: Wha...
Zzz... ...
And as I was sleeping, Auntie Ruby decided to drop by. I found out in the bathroom after I woke up and I was relieved! I showered and went out of the bathroom to find my hubby awake, so I went over and gave him the morning kiss, look him in the eyes and said, "It came..." *pause* "Really? HALLELUJAH!!!"
I know that for some couples, this could be yet another disappointment. But for friends who know how accident prone we are... you will understand how this ALL came about!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home