Thursday, April 19, 2007

Moving...

So we've finally moved into our new place on Saturday!We had no idea that we actually accumulated more than a truck load of junk over the last 7 over years! I couldn't believe it.

Since my wardrobe space in the new place is really limited, Derrick and I had to give away a lot of clothing... including some that I was hoping I could fit into again. I even gave away a lot of my stuffed toys... sob sob... *sadded* After that, we went back two more times to continue packing and moving boxes of stuff, and till today, we are still not done!!! Gruelling! I climbed up and down the stairs to my 4th floor flat at least 7 times on Saturday, loading boxes and bags and luggages into the car. *Muscled*

The kids loved their new room... new bed... new curtains... I love my new room, new view, new rain shower. But before I can really enjoy the house, we've gotta unpack. That... I really hate to think about. We've already done quite a lot of it... but it seems like boxes just kept appearing out of nowhere...

We went shopping at Ikea to buy some knick knacks to help us get organised... first, we started off with a yellow shopping bag... then, we had two... and finally, we took a trolley. But surprise! It wasn't enough to make us Friends of Ikea! So... we went home unpacked and went back again in the evening and now... we can finally get free drinks whenever we drop by at Ikea!God is so good! He gave us a rug that went very well with our living room theme... at $29! The moment we saw it, WE GRABBED AH!!! Not only was it cheap, it solved the problem we had, choosing a suitable rug.

No wonder Pastor Prince said that moving is one of the most stressful things in life. After this experience, we had to agree. Derrick and I were so stressed up with the process. The frustration even led to a huge fight... which... Thank God... ended well. In fact, it gave us a clearer perspective of what is important and what is not. But... because of this, I missed my favourite beef noodles.

Oh... I now stay really near to a 24-hour prata shop! It's like 3 minutes walk away! Looks like a lot of prata suppers akan datang.

Hey Ally! I saw your blog! I've gotta charge you for quoting my title since it's my copyright. But yea! We mothers are really something... Charis is doing a lot of baby talk now. When she's well rested and fed, she just keeps talking and laffing. Really cute. She's trying to turn to her side already. But when I put her on her stomach, she's not really interested in doing her mini push-ups... preferring to leave little patches of drool on my bed spread instead. I was just commenting on my way to work that Charis is growing up too fast... and Derrick went, "Nope! Nope! You are not going there again! You are not going to tell me that you'll miss having a baby to play with! There will be no #4!" Hahaha! Freaked him out totally!

I'm really not stay home mum material. I told Derrick the other day that my maternal instincts are not really as strong as they should be... guess I do miss the freedom a little bit especially when the going gets rough. We were discussing the other day about how things would be if we had not gotten married. For one, Derrick would probably be doing his insurance... just living day to day without much aspirations. For me... I guess I'll just marry someone else!

Okie. time to go! Gotta continue with the unpacking. There's not one soul left in the office... I'm the last one again.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home