Thursday, November 30, 2006

2.5 weeks more!!!

Hey! Time is really flying by! I'm only 2.5 weeks to go before my estimated delivery date!

I went for my gynae's appt on Monday morning and went through the intrusive procedure of getting the cervix checked... and the advice was that if I do not wanna deliver anytime now, I have to stop walking around so much. Mr cervix has started dilating (1.5cm now) and he could feel the baby's head already! Did you know that walking around lots will cause you to get more Braxton Hicks contractions? I didn't! Guess you learn something new with every pregnancy. So, my gynae estimates... that I probably have another week... I intend to take most of next week off so that I can rest. Will get a chit from the gynae recommending that I stay home.

Anyway, Derrick is flying to Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taiwan next week. So he kept telling the baby (whose name by the way is Charis, Kai En in Chinese) to cooperate and be out only after he comes back! I've also made up my mind that should the baby arrives (of course I'm praying against this) before he comes back, I shall go to the hospital on my own and have the baby on my own. I find it really weird to have my mum or MIL with me... esp in the delivery room. Besides, I figured that they would be more kan cheong than me and I really don't need that...

We just discovered to our horror two weeks back that Charis is arriving and we have prepared nothing for her... no milk bottles, clothes... towels... welcoming blankets... NOTHING! So we trotted down to Robinsons and bought most of the stuff in one sweep! Bath tub, bottles, teats, pumps and all! I got a play pen for her after the gynae's appt... some sheets, sleeping pad and stuff. Got her a little bunny with a carrot that rattles at Ikea as well. Haa... guess where most of my bonus this year went to. No prizes for getting it right. Anyway... we are getting 2.2 months on top of 0.5 we got in July (including 13th month AWS). But better than last year lah... so no complains lor.

Talking about Ikea... the branch in Tampines opens today... guess we will have more meatball, chicken wings lunches... But I hope the novelty has not worn off by the time I come back in March next year. We tried getting our dose of hotdogs and meatballs today but the car q was unbelievably long!!! Don't people have to work?

Finally! The final inspection of my new place would be carried out next week! Lord, I call everything in order and favour with the inspector so that we can finally get the TOP! Yes! And AMEN!!! the wait has been too long... too too long!

That's all for today! The next time I blog, I'd probably have delivered and be doing this from my new place! Hahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home