Friday, October 13, 2006

TGIF... really TGIF

What a week!!! It sucks big time! And I am really really thankful to God that it's Friday!

Yea... I know my blogs had been positive so far but hey... Christians are not without trials ok? My 2nd locally held international training programme of the year is now running. I have a participant from a certain country who is totally un-cooperative... not only that, he's disruptive, he sleeps in class, he flips the papers in class, he hangs outside the training room while the training session is going on, he's late, he talks very loudly... asks totally irrelevant questions and made himself a whole class of enemies in one short week. Things got so bad that the delegate who sat next to him got so mad at him that he moved his chair away. And because of that, they started a quarrel and almost got into a fist fight. Lets just say that we had to involve higher powers to subdue him in the end.

My buddy at work is on leave this week... yea... what a week to go on leave. And cos' of that, I had to cover some of his duties and that included a student club under our charge. The kids planned some activities for this weekend that was actually part of another bigger programme. The thing is... while I am 2nd advisor for the club, I was not in the planning committee of the this whole programme. So I do not have much of an idea what was going on. My boss came to me on Tuesday and rapped me for not being informed of the whole thing! I was equally blur! In the end, all the kids kept coming to me during the week for advice and all sorts of things! Asked my colleagues and they all claimed ignorance. So no choice... had to spend a lot of time with them, fill up the gaps, arrange for things that had not been done and take the rap! Cos of this, I delayed another piece of work (not really delayed... tighter timeline but seriously was within the time frame I quoted... but the other fellow kan cheong so chased me for something I have another hour for, cc to my boss). So how? Kena email again lor... a lot harsher this time round but thank God! By God's grace... my boss doesn't really get angry with me one lah... came and talk to me so I explained to her the situation and she's fine, smiling away somemore.

So after all these crap... what do I do? Confess the favour of the Lord lor! Very very tough. I'm still trying to do that... telling myself that so that it drops into my heart. Afterall, it's rather difficult to take reprimanding right?
All of us have that little bit of pride... It's not called the "good fight of faith" for nothing...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kabe said...

yo sister.. hope situations in your office are much better now. :)

Just wanna encourage you a bit bit. Like you said, christians are not without trials.. but we have good results from it each time as we come out stronger and more dependent on our Daddy God. Without Him we are nothing really.

Jia you sister ! Good days are ahead !

2:21 am  
Blogger Bubbz said...

Thank you sister! Things are much better now that it's even nearer to my due date. Hahaha! I'm untouchable!

2:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home