Sunday, April 23, 2006

Give thanks... with a grateful heart...

August... September... October... 2006... April... Wah! I've not posted anything for a long long time!

Why? Busy lah! So you think that working in the civil service = 8.30am - 6pm with tea breaks in between? Think twice! The iron rice bowl is a concept long gone...

I met Kasumi this morning and she reminded of how long I've not been blogging. I thought to myself... yah! So long that I forgot my password and log in name! I was trying to recall for the last half hour and finally had to get bloggers to send it back to me at my email address. Then I realised that I hadn't access hotmail for so long, I wonder if my mailbox is still working.

You know... I realised that the more we give thanks to God for what we have, the more contentment we would feel. I'm not talking about the complacent, take-for-granted kind of contentment. But rather an appreciation for all the things that you have. Perhaps I've not been taking time to appreciate and give thanks, but recently, I've been dissatisfied with some things in my life, and in the quest to fulfill my "desires" I've done something somewhat 'undesirable'. No... there is no condemnation for me... cos' Jesus took all the condemnation I deserved on Himself. And no matter how grave my mistake maybe, He's grace was still constantly upon me and His favour continues to abound in my life. It makes me wonder why I decided to take things into my own hands and screw up. *Don't go digging in the fields near my place to look search for bodies ok... you won't find any... I'm more careful than that... hee*

So... what's my point? Give thanks! The more you do it, the more you see His goodness and the more His blessings would abound in your life. It pleases Him to hear you thank Him. This is not a formulae! This is a true sense of appreciation and sincere gratitude that arises from within. It doesn't start easy, but it's got to start somewhere! We are rich! Until we learn to recognise that, we would always be living in spiritual, mental and even emotional poverty no matter how much we have materially.

It starts with a mentality. A mentality of gratitude...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kabe said...

Hey, welcome back to the "blog world" sister ! haha... and yes, thanks for the reminder sister, a mentality of gratitude to our daddy God above. :)

6:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home