Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Gong Xi, Gong Xi, Gong Xi Ni...

GONG HEI FATT CHOI!!! A happy and prosperous new year to one and all.

My colleagues were going through the Chinese horoscopes and they told me that those born in the year of the rabbit this year "fan tai sui" (offend the the heavenlies). "Come on lah... I don't even know tai sui, how to offend it?" Hahaha!

This Chinese New Year, like all the rest is tiring. Visiting relatives on the 1st day was both logistically and physicallychallenging. Trying to incorporate 8 destinations scattered all over the island within a day is really no joke. But I don't dread it. I rarely get to meet my cousins and it is only during occasions like New Year, weddings and funerals that you get to catch up with each other. So... no complains.

I received an email from someone I do not know the other day. This person said that he was keen to be my friend. I wonder how people decide who to write to... do they go into the contact lists of all the organisations and start mass emailing their "resumes" to potential "friends"? I had to get to the bottom of this of course, and asked him how he got my email address. He said he must've met me at some place when we were there for a training. Well, I most certainly had never been to this place for training, so that brought me to another certainty that this has to be a case of mistaken identity, then I wished him luck in finding that certain someone. Really... baffling... so I asked my colleague if the horoscopes said anything about me being in "Tao Hua Yun" this year, you know?

Well, alright, my long overdue ride is finally arriving, so I gotta go! Meanwhile, relax, have fun and just stay cool...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home