SWAMPED THING... ME!
Thank God!!! It's the last day of the work week!!! Haa... and Kasumi had been bugging me to update my blog...
The past couple of weeks in the office was scary... I was so totally SWAMPED by work!!! It was crazy! But I had this strange sense of satisfaction as I leave the office at the end of the day. I always tell this to my colleagues... judging from the work that I've been loaded with, I can only derive at 2 conclusions... 1. My bosses hate me or 2. My bosses think highly enough of me to give me so much work... I'm happier believing in the latter, of course. My philof is there is always 2 sides to a coin, so always think in terms of the better one and life's much better!
Taking a breather now...
A lot of people asked if working in a stat board is boring... and they often have the misconception that we don't have a lot to do and overtime is unheard of. It depends a lot on what you are doing really... I'm in a department that deals a lot with international and industry relations, it's a little like PR and a little like marketing, you've gotta meet a lot of people, organise events... so it's not at all boring. But we can also be swamped by work and when that happens, we would have to put in the extra hours. With the stat boards trying to stay on par with the private sector, competition is getting tough.
Ok! Back to work!!! I've just gotten an arrow to be the MC (not medical cert hor...) for an upcoming event organised by the office. Gotta start working on the script!
The past couple of weeks in the office was scary... I was so totally SWAMPED by work!!! It was crazy! But I had this strange sense of satisfaction as I leave the office at the end of the day. I always tell this to my colleagues... judging from the work that I've been loaded with, I can only derive at 2 conclusions... 1. My bosses hate me or 2. My bosses think highly enough of me to give me so much work... I'm happier believing in the latter, of course. My philof is there is always 2 sides to a coin, so always think in terms of the better one and life's much better!
Taking a breather now...
A lot of people asked if working in a stat board is boring... and they often have the misconception that we don't have a lot to do and overtime is unheard of. It depends a lot on what you are doing really... I'm in a department that deals a lot with international and industry relations, it's a little like PR and a little like marketing, you've gotta meet a lot of people, organise events... so it's not at all boring. But we can also be swamped by work and when that happens, we would have to put in the extra hours. With the stat boards trying to stay on par with the private sector, competition is getting tough.
Ok! Back to work!!! I've just gotten an arrow to be the MC (not medical cert hor...) for an upcoming event organised by the office. Gotta start working on the script!

1 Comments:
yeah.. finally see your entry.. hee hee... jia you orh !
Post a Comment
<< Home