Monday, December 27, 2004

I'm so totally blessed...

The recent earthquake and tidal waves took away many lives in the region and the cases of fatality is still rising quickly. This catastrophe had undoubtedly left a indelible blemish in the memories of those who witnessed it or even more unthinkably... lost their loved ones...

The pain of losing your loved ones right before your very eyes... of mothers losing their children and of countless people losing their families. As much as I try, it is simply not something that I can fully understand or ever want to experience. It makes me realise, however, how blessed I am... that my own honeymoon had not left me with trauma but a string of reminders on how blessed I am.

My husband and I went for our honeymoon in Vancouver, Canada. We flew there on a Cathay Pacific flight and were informed that the economy class for our flight was overbooked and we had been upgraded to business class free-of-charge. We thanked God for it but this was only the beginning...

During our stay, we went to a small town called Squamish. There, we took a helicopter up to the glaciers. The view was breath-taking... there was a lake on the glacier and for the first time in my life, I touched snow. A couple of days after our descend from the glacier, we saw on the news that the same helicopter had crashed while bringing a family up to the glacier, sending the pilot and all on board to their icy grave.

The second half of our honeymoon was spent in a quiet resort in Whistler. We rented our own car and drove around Whistler and sometimes back to Vancouver which was 3 hours away. On the last day, we decided to check out of the resort earlier so that we could visit the Shannon Falls, enroute to Vancouver. After we visited the majestic falls, we heard on the news that there was an accident on the road which we were travelling... had we left any later, we would have been affected. We took a plane to Hong Kong and returned to Singapore on a connecting flight. When we returned to Singapore, we learnt that the Hong Kong airport was closed due to strong winds and a plane of a Chinese airline had overturned on the runway of the airport.

Now, more than ever, I thank the Lord for watching over me. Indeed, I am in the shadow of His wings and I know that I am protected because I made Him my refuge.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kabe said...

Yup, totally agree with you sister and as year 2005 approaches, let's look forward to a year or greater blessings, more supernatural favour and more experiences of God's wonderful and "unreasonable" love for all of us !

3 amens to that !!

2:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home